Saturday, February 18, 2006

BRRRR...get yer long johns back out.

"Whiskey and Whinny with snowy noses" Brrr……good god it’s cold outside!. Artic blast has hit the Northeastern US.Out here in Southeastern Indiana it’s like Alaska. I Went outside to give my horses some grain and hay earlier and thought my hands would drop off before I could get back inside (Some thinsulate gloves they are…they sure don’t work) The barometer is way up so of course all of us Fibromyalgia and other people that are affected by it are in pain since the blast came in.The pain meds won’t work today so it’s a really good day to do NOTHING but stay warm and watch movies. I wish I could, but my daughter is coming today,of all the days (she didn’t know about the weather) to get round bales for my horses and her’s. She doesn’t get much time off so I have to go when I can. Got our hay and our guys will now have plenty of fuel to stay warm,yes,hay converts to energy...heat,to keep them warm,so I don't have to...,of course I will, still go out to give them love. Sunday;Just looked out,and Whiskey and Whinny are enjoying their big bale of hay.Glad I don't have to go out this morning cause it's below zero with the wind chill.Hee ..Hee..those two haven't left their bale today,they even took their nap there,it was so cute !If it hadn't been so cold I would have taken a picture of it. My new friend Linny asked me about colic and I will be asking,and researching this .Her horse Sun(what a beautiful name) has had it a few times and her last vet,thank God she fired him,wanted to put him down. I added some new links ,so go check them out. The one about antibiotics I was really interested in and intend to go back to it, because I do have a lot of problems with sinus infections and thrush. More ammo to show my Doc.
Google

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ack...achy...cold...can...barely...type...

LOL Sounds like it's colder at your house than mine. We are at a balmy 17 degrees here. Am kinda flared up, but getting over my sore throat and headache.

Cute photo of Whinny and Whiskey! :) Sun is handling the cold weather well, I've been carrying him buckets of warm water and making sure he has plenty of hay. The only info I've been given about colic for a horse his age (26) is to get him some exercise, plenty of roughage, lots of clean water, and put him on a regular worming schedule. That may be all I can do.

Stay warm! Love the story about your sister's golf cart with the pink flamingo. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Jennie I forgot to tell you that my stick horse's name was Whiskey. I named him after the smart horse on the movie "The Villan". tee hee hee

Jenni's_painted_dreams said...

Linny,thats so cool about your stick horse Whiskey.I think that is the movie my friend was telling me about,he is the one who got me to call him that.He said Whiskey looked like a bottle of whiskey,no...he doesn't drink,and that he reminded him of a horse named whiskey in an old movie that he couldn't remember the name too.