Tuesday, February 07, 2006

How I found happiness in Horse manure

My battle with Fibromyalgia started back in 1994.At first I was just really tired and the lady Doctor I had then just kept telling me I was just getting older. Older at 42!!!! Well after going to the Doctor for all kinds of flu like symptoms and continious tiredness aching allover ect...you know the drill.I think maybe the worst was the brain fog!All of a sudden I am unable to remember how to do my job of 11 years. Now this is serious because what I did involved a lot of memory work.Have you all got the same problems,if you try to remember...the further it goes away,and if you try to hard...your mind is a total blank. I got to see another Doctor one day,purely accidentel,and he noticed the Goiter. I had hypothyroidism. No....I wasn't just getting older. It has been down hill ever since until about a year ago when I finally got a Horse.My life hasn't been the same since.Allthough I still have multiple health problems that affect me daily,I have a reason to get outta bed in the mornings(or afternoon). I have wanted a horse since I was knee high to a grasshopper. For one reason or another I was kept from a life long dream.Last year my daughter helped me find a horse.A" lil gelding" as they called him. He is a stock paint,a beautiful reddish copper color. (Did I mention I allso love copper).He was sick with strangles as it turned out.But the man I bought him from got him fixed up before I got him.He has grown from a little less than 14 hands to a little over 15 hands. He's not too little anymore. I quess I am getting ahead of myself a little here. In 94 working at the IRS as a Tax Examiner I had been there for 11 years,but my oldest son Jon was killed in a car accident just a month before his 19th birthday,then 6 months later my Mom died after about a four year illness,then 11 months later my Dad commited suicide. If all this was not enough ,I was going through my second divorce! So,there is the post traumatic stress,then the hypothyroidism and then the fibromyalgia/chronic fatigue ect... I was working at work,working at home being a little nuts,cause now I had a boyfriend who liked to party,so I was very active.Then the bottom started to drop out.I started to miss alot of work,spend a lot of money at the Doctors and dang near got fired. Thanks be to God who watched over stupid lil me. I did all I could do at work like seeing the people I needed to see and the union rep who helped me. The next year was a nightmare in hell. I finally got my disability that.. only.. took two years and another five years for Social Security. I finally decided I had had enough of relationships and sold my house in the "city" and moved out here on top of a ridge in Southeastern Indiana.Another good thing I did right. I am finally getting back some quality of life now ,cause I finally.. not only got a horse ,but a really nice lady gave me another one. It's so much nicer to be able to breathe cleaner air and walk down the pasture to the woods .When I get stressed out now or even when I hurt so bad I can barely move,I will go out and visit with my horses and take a strool down to the woods.Then every thing becomes alot easier to deal with. I can go out and use my grandaddys old coal shovel and pick up horse manure ,while singing "you are so beautiful" toWhiskey and Whinny and have never been so happy,as at these times. God gave me a new reason for living..and just in the nick of time too! More later...........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://tribes.tribe.net/9d84084c-cb05-4d6b-a281-ce02e406b088